This morning I was craving a lot of things. Baking. Chocolate. and Muffins.
Holidays are always hard for me, as there are sugary treats everywhere! Easter is coming up, and I was thinking about our festivities, and chocolate. I started googling muffin recipes, but didn’t find anything that looked good, but still (slightly) healthy. I morphed a couple of recipes together, and have to say I was pleasantly surprised. These are AMAZING.
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- Optional: ½ cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine bananas, oil, milk and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
If you are like me, I usually don’t mix wet and dry ingredients first. I just throw it all in the bowl and mix! These turned out, so apparently the recipe is fool proof. Also, If you add more or less banana, you will have to adjust the amount milk until you get a good consistency.
They look like cupcakes. But taste better than cupcakes. Seriously.
Happy Baking! (and eating)